 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 2101 – 2120 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) There's no faulting flowing from this direction, merely a statement that there's a problem at the user's end. (...) Sorry, why not? I'm not clear on that really. If a user has a malformed or malfunctioning mail, why isn't that the user's issue (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.929)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) I'm happy to report that you should be back on the committee as soon as the email is reconfigured (from the LTT perspective). (which should be about 2 min after Matt reads his mail) I didn't even think to ask the rest of the LPRV how they felt (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.929)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) True. If LUGENT's servers end up on a blacklist again, it would be everyone's problem. But while Kevin could (and probably should) ask his ISP to unblock Larry's server, I would doubt one user would actually make much of an impact on them. So (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.929)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Yes, honestly, I am. Not for me but for the other admins too. As I said, we had some situations in the past where emails (from other admins, NOT from me) went blocked or went lost and we, the admins, had no idea it happened. I agree that short (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.929)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) That's not accurate. What IS accurate is that when I discovered there was a problem, I talked to my support and based on what they told me then, I said to you that the problem was at your end. Later on, you insinuated that I was deliberately (...) (19 years ago, 24-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.929)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: ... (...) Wow! I had to search around even to find that feedback address. Since I rarely visit the front page (it's pretty much useless IMO) I never would have found it tucked away down at the bottom (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.929)

  Re: Link to multiple post authentication page

(...) I see that the link has been added to the admin sidebar, but could we also add a link to this page: (URL) seems the most logical place (and the first place I looked) as there are already a set of links (Posting Setup, News-by-Mail, Skip-Filter (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.928)

  Re: Question - how do I cancel my Lugnet membership?

(...) Am way way behind on e-mail...didn't see it. I think I found it now. (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.927)

  Re: New posting email not working?

(...) If it still has your old email it sounds like the cookie didn't get set correctly? Try going through setup again via this URL: (URL) the browser that you want to post with and make sure you are accepting cookies. Doing it while signed in is (...) (19 years ago, 19-May-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.926)

  Re: LUGNET Site Administration

(...) There is progress, not all can be reported. still in the middle of important things. (...) not drifting. (^_^) (...) If the admin problems were not so bad, they'd have been fixed five years ago. (^^) I personally have not received any of your (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.925)

  Re: Admin stuff

(...) Thanks for coming forward with this offer, Paul! We should probably talk more, via e-mail or telephone, about what you might be able to do. I'm painfully busy right now, but do drop me a note so that we get something started. -Suz (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.923)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) Strangely, thats what I just downloaded! I've come back here for some advice The setup requires the Mail: (SMTP) Server. Is this for my mail account? if so I'm assuming a Hotmail account won't work? I checked on the Outlook Newreader, It (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.920)

  good afternoon!

I woke up late today. Just reading through these posts now. sorry. I'm going to ask that people not speak for me, as in: "I think what Suz is saying is.." because if you're not accurate, I'll want to write a response to correct you. And there will (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.919)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) Um, well, since my newsreader is Pine, I suppose I could say that I follow all my e-mail through my newsreader. . .but I don't use NNTP for anything but LUGNET newsgroups (and never really read any non-LUGNET newsgroups but rtl and some (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.918)

  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

So will this now be called Daimler-LUGNET? :) (sorry, car joke) Darrell ps Speaking for all the newbies, I'm glad this transition will mean LUGNET will continue in good hands. Thanks! :) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.918)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

"Allan Johansen" <f2k@chaotica.dk> wrote in message news:IJxH0E.110r@lugnet.com... (...) die (...) I disagree. I think NNTP is a underappreciated technology by most people. Reading content via a News Reader is as simple as reading e-mail. I really (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.918)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) XanaNews is a good one too, and it's completely free (Although Outlook Express is good enough for me, keeping mail and news in the same client): (URL) Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.918)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:IJxLJF.1xwq@lugnet.com... (...) Why is browsing offline important? My computer is on-line at all times (expect when I'm sleeping, of course.). You can read an on-line forum at your (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.918)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) I don't follow Lugnet through a newsreader (not since the port change). The combination of the annoying e-mail-based authentication, figuring out how to reconfigure my newsreader for the non-standard port, and my general annoyance with having (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.917)

  Re: Lost password

(...) Yes, I will have the server send you a new one via e-mail. -Suz (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.916)

More:  Next Page >>