 Administrative / NNTP / 1635
Re: New posting email not working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 23:17:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Ross Crawford wrote:
Yesterday I changed my Lugnet email, and today I got a message saying the server
was ready to accept posts. So I tried to post in .o-t.test using my newsreader,
but I was declined with the standard 441 message. So then I posted using the web
interface, and it worked http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/test/?n=5022 but it
still has my old email in the header. Is there more I need to do?

If it still has your old email it sounds like the cookie didn't get set
correctly? Try going through setup again via this URL:

http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

using the browser that you want to post with and make sure you are accepting
cookies. Doing it while signed in is helpful. If you are submitting exactly the
same info as before, you don't have to wait for the setup approval mail back,
you're just setting your cookies.

If that doesn't work, I dunno. Ask Todd.