 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1761 – 1780 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Lugnet for beginners

(...) I have Lugnet as the home button. Alan (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.230)

  Re: Official and Unofficial theme categories

(...) I think I understand the concepts a bit better from reading other posts on this thread but just to make things clear (in my head) you're looking for something that would use a relationship key (or set designation, or fuzzy catagory) as it's (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

internet
(score: 0.230)

  Re: Track Designer newsgroup?

(...) 'Sounds' like a great thought to me. TrackDesigner is certainly worth its own group. Steve Martin (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.230)

  Re: Discussing LEGO-related spam (Was: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn)

(...) You too, hunh? I received no less than 3 unsolicited e-mails concerning what may very well be an interesting Lego site, but considering one of them came to an address that I have *never* posted here or anywhere else and can only be found by (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.229)

  Lugnet for beginners

Todd, Suz, et al Lugnet can be rather intimidating, IMO, to newcomers due to its massive size and scope. The Pause database aside, the news portion of Lugnet is growing every day by 400 messages or so and can leave new arrivals here with a sense of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.229)

  Re: Is a FUT .market.auction okay?

(...) I would tend to think that if they're looking for an item at a certain price, they will not be terribly interested in an auction. If you're running a private auction (automated or not), I would contact the interested party and indicate that (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council)

mail
(score: 0.229)

  Re: New group suggestion

(...) Hmm, surely DYA must be capable of setting up its own mail/distro list for such things... --Todd (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.229)

  Re: Multiple votes for CLSotW possible?

Well I don't know if this helps a bit but this is the hidden source from one of my page's forms: <input TYPE=IMAGE SRC="../../submit.jpg" NAME="E-Mail" ALT="Submit the form!"> <input type=hidden name="recipient" value="fusion@refraxion.com"> <input (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.229)

  Re: Multiple votes for CLSotW possible?

(...) Oh, didn't realize there was a question. (I thought you were only making a statement about comments.) No, never got comments as part of the votes, because the mechanism for sending the form by e-mail was to use <FORM METHOD=POST (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.229)

  Re: Profanity (was Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?)

(...) Not rerally commenting on the thread (I'll keep out of this one for now), But why don't you just say the words? Do you think F*ck, or F---, are any less offensive than fuck, the entire word? Juts something I've noticed on many internet fora. I (...) (26 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.229)

  Re: Multiple votes for CLSotW possible?

Well toss one of my 2 votes today as they were trying to see if I could do it... :-) What about the "lack of comments" part of the question? Did you get many comments when voting was by mail? (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.229)

  Cookie Short-Cut

Todd, is there any way to re-obtain the cookie with our posting information besides re-registering? If there were some automated way to do it, it might cut down on your mail and administrative duties. :) (I am sure that would be a good thing) If I (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

Beaker wrote in message ... (...) While I agree with you, I think you're misapplying the principle. We *should* discourage the LCD approach, but with the intention of raising the standard not lowering it. Too much of the internet is already devoted (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.229)

  Re: Profanity (was Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?)

Also sprach Todd Lehman: : The difficult thing is that it's not really possible to define profanity in : any way that people can agree on, especially in purely illustrative contexts : such as Jim Baker's (a.k.a. "Beaker") delicate use of the F-word (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.229)

  Re: New group suggestion

It seems to me that a new group for hot availability items (good price, unusual offering, etc) is not really necessary. It seems to me that that is the purpose of shopping. Of course a cross post to buy-sell-trade that a particular person is willing (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.229)

  Re: New group suggestion

(...) Hmm, the rationale being what? (Not disagreeing, just unclear on the motivation behind it.) To increase (encourage) more FOTW posts? To make FOTW's easier to find? To make FOTW's come and find you (by subscribing to the group via e-mail?) I'm (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.229)

  Defamatory Statements (was Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?)

(...) Good question. The spirit behind the word "defamatory" in that case is to note that the following should be avoided: slanderous or libelous statements, falsely accusing someone of a crime or offense, falsely assailing the character of another, (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

internet
(score: 0.228)

  Emacs (was: Re: Eudora bug rears its ugly head again)

(...) Do you mean the (somewhat oldish) RMAIL mail reader in Emacs or the full news/mail reader Gnus? I find that Emacs/Gnus is great for reading LUGNET news groups off the NNTP server. I don't use the mail/news gateway, as I prefer not to have my (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.228)

  New group lugnet.admin.council

All, A new group lugnet.admin.council has just been created for the consideration, deliberation, and reconciliation of delicate administrative issues. Examples include: - Terms-of-Use transgressions (for example, gratuitous use of profanity, (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.council)

mail
(score: 0.228)

  Re: Self Organisation (Was: Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images)

All in favor? I think Frank just got himself a chair. (1) Rereading my post 2 refs back it looks like I was saying I'd be chair if asked. What I actually meant was I'd be a committee member if asked. 1 - Seriously... step one in organizing a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council)

mail
(score: 0.228)

More:  Next Page >>