 Administrative / General / 4704
Re: Discussing LEGO-related spam (Was: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 03:23:58 GMT

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 00:44:05 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

I've just received yet another Lego-related spam, and I want to discuss it (or
at least mention it) on LUGNET.

Unfortunately, my previous attempt seems to have been off-topic for
lugnet.general (1).  So where should I post these kinds of messages?  It seems
that it'd be off-topic for lugnet.off-topic.geek as the spam is very much
Lego-related.  Ditto for lugnet.admin.general , since the spam didn't target,
LUGNET.  lugnet.publish or lugnet.people maybe?

You too, hunh?  I received no less than 3 unsolicited e-mails
concerning what may very well be an interesting Lego site, but
considering one of them came to an address that I have *never* posted
here or anywhere else and can only be found by going to my good deals
site, I feel like my e-mail addresses were gathered by some kind of
automatic process that moved from here to my deals site, to grabbing
the address there.

I was told my addresses were added "accidentally" when I complained.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html