 Administrative / General / 4677
Re: Multiple votes for CLSotW possible?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:36:46 GMT

What about the "lack of comments" part of the question? Did you get many
comments when voting was by mail?

Oh, didn't realize there was a question.  (I thought you were only making a
statement about comments.)  No, never got comments as part of the votes,
because the mechanism for sending the form by e-mail was to use

   <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="mailto:...">

which produces regular enctype-encoded HTML forms, only sent via email instead
of to a CGI script.  No way to attach comments there without having a separate
comments field (which I wouldn't want to read anyway -- too much time).

OTOH, when people send in nominations, that's a regular pure email using

   <A HREF="mailto:...">

and there, people often do write in comments, which are often very helpful.

--Todd