 Administrative / General / 4679
Re: Multiple votes for CLSotW possible?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 00:01:22 GMT

Well I don't know if this helps a bit but this is the hidden source from one
of my page's forms:

<input TYPE=IMAGE  SRC="../../submit.jpg" NAME="E-Mail" ALT="Submit the
form!">
<input type=hidden name="recipient" value="fusion@refraxion.com">
<input type=hidden name="subject" value="Affiliation program!">
<input type=hidden name="required" value="realname,email,sitename,siteurl">
<input type=hidden name="print_config" value="subject,realname,email">
<input type=hidden name="env_report"
value="REMOTE_HOST,REMOTE_ADDR,HTTP_USER_AGENT">
<input type=hidden name="redirect"
value="http://fusion.refraxion.com/Other/form_sent.html">

For example the form that I received minutes ago included:

"REMOTE_ADDR: 2#9.8#.#29.##6
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT 5.0)"

at the end of the email. (# replaces a number)

Z. Unger
fusion@refraxion.com
ICQ: 14375008          AIM: ErrorY3K
LEGO Fusion :  http://fusion.refraxion.com
Zlatko's Universe :  http://www.geocities.com/unger_z/

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
What about the "lack of comments" part of the question? Did you get many
comments when voting was by mail?

Oh, didn't realize there was a question.  (I thought you were only making • a
statement about comments.)  No, never got comments as part of the votes,
because the mechanism for sending the form by e-mail was to use

   <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="mailto:...">

which produces regular enctype-encoded HTML forms, only sent via email • instead
of to a CGI script.  No way to attach comments there without having a • separate
comments field (which I wouldn't want to read anyway -- too much time).

OTOH, when people send in nominations, that's a regular pure email using

   <A HREF="mailto:...">

and there, people often do write in comments, which are often very • helpful.

--Todd