 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1161 – 1180 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) It would be nice if each NNTP message could carry its own authentication in some simple software-independent solution. One way that might work (for LUGnet members anyway) would be to search the message body for the string (say): (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Good work, Todd. As I use the web interface this doesn't affect me much at all. I understand the issues raised by some who do not use the web interface, and I'm sure you'll work with them as much as possible/feasible to address their concerns, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Yippee!! Does this mean we'll be able to search messages by poster in the future??? Regards ROSCO PS: I'll be e-mailing you separately about the authentication stuff. (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Excellent action Todd, and thank you for the time and effort you have put into this. Please know that it is appreciated. Matt (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting (test reply)

"LUGNET Admin" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:GF40AG.31A@lugnet.com... (...) send (...) This (...) message (...) and (...) What percentage of the news readers allow the use of authenticated NNTP? I know OE does, you simply supply a login (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:GF4oDv.5ww@lugnet.com... (...) fix (...) to (...) is to (...) you (...) This new system has little benefit over the existing open one if you look at it from the view of being able to block (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

BTW, I just wanted to also add that I think Todd has done a great job of finding a way to stop the recent hijacking problem, and I hope my comments don't sound like I'm moaning too much. Hopefully these discussions will bring about some new ideas on (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message . (...) browser (...) Excuse me for just suggesting this option in another mail. I don't agree. A very simple way is to make the header look like this: Message_id 54dfDF7_&2532))sdrt4325ds which still is readable (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

"LUGNET Admin" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:GF4HrG.C3I@lugnet.com... (...) In that case I like Horst's idea of being able to list all posts for a user on a single page and being able to tick the ones to post, tick the ones to delete, and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Ditto. I have a static IP as well. But I think it's possible people may post from more than one place, so if this is done, it should be allowed to enter more than one IP address, or to allow the authentication mechanism to work if you are not (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

"Horst Lehner" <Horst_Lehner@mausnet.de> wrote in message news:B7539131.54B6%H...snet.de... (...) be (...) I saw your post, and I like the idea of using digital signatures, but it's not practical for everyone, esp. if their news reader does support (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

Hello again, just a few seconds ago, I sent my suggestions on how authentication could be made most convenient, but I obviously missed the most integrated and straightforward idea: (...) So, thanks, Daniel, for bringing this up. I would strongly (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  E-mail authentication during posting

Nice job. It looks like you have solved the security problem and the double posting one in a single swoop. Keep up the good work. Scott A (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

Thanks Todd, I just tried a test message and it worked flawlessly. I'm glad that you came up with a solution quickly. (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) I think the issue with a reply is that, unless something specific was required to entered into the mail, it is too easy to put replies on automatic pilot by automating the reply with a rule in your mail program. As soon as you do that, you (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) A public news server that I use allows people to connect and read messages freely, but requires a username/password to post, so it shouldn't be unfeasible to do that here. You'd still need to do some additional checking to ensure the username (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  (canceled)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

Another idea? It is much faster just to reply to the sent message. Many mailinglists use this system. Opening a page takes quite some time, while sending the mail can be done in just a few seconds. Sonnich Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GF8s97.GDF@lugnet.com... (...) Might be a language issue, then. The first Swedish translation that came to mind was not *suggesting*, but quite a bit more imperatoresque (word?). (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

More:  Next Page >>