 Administrative / NNTP / 778
Re: E-mail authentication during posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:10:13 GMT

"LUGNET Admin" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message
This was talked about a couple weeks ago already, actually, and I don't
really think it's a workable option, unfortunately.

In that case I like Horst's idea of being able to list all posts for a user
on a single page and being able to tick the ones to post, tick the ones to
delete, and ignore the rest. Also have a POST ALL button and a DELETE ALL
button as well as the selection options so that we don't have to tick all of
the 20-30 boxes on the screen. That way I can post and reply like mad and
then go to a single web page to authorise posting all of the messages and
not have to authorise every single one individually. I'm assuming that the
news articles that haven't yet been auth'd can be linked to the login
details on the Lugnet web pages so this could just be done as an extra menu,
and maybe have an option so we can turn off email auth requests if we prefer
to do bulk authing on the site. Is this workable?

Dan