 Administrative / NNTP / 794
Re: E-mail authentication during posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:39:23 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
It's that second part that's tricky. The first part doesn't help, because
once logged in as anybody, you can post as anybody else.
Do we have to worry that much about that? I think the primary concern is
to have a reasonable way to block posting by unauthorized folks. If you
abuse your priviledges, your NNTP ID/password would be revoked.

But it has to be easy to create a new account -- otherwise, new people would
be scared off. So having one of those revoked isn't very meaningful.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>