 Administrative / NNTP / 781
Re: E-mail authentication during posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:06:02 GMT

Iain M Barker <imb@clara.net> wrote:
A public news server that I use allows people to connect and read messages
freely, but requires a username/password to post, so it shouldn't be
unfeasible to do that here. You'd still need to do some additional checking
to ensure the username matched the sender's name, though.

It's that second part that's tricky. The first part doesn't help, because
once logged in as anybody, you can post as anybody else.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>