 Administrative / NNTP / 771
Re: E-mail authentication during posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:22:19 GMT

"Horst Lehner" <Horst_Lehner@mausnet.de> wrote in message
just a few seconds ago, I sent my suggestions on how authentication could • be
made most convenient, but I obviously missed the most integrated and
straightforward idea:

I saw your post, and I like the idea of using digital signatures, but it's
not practical for everyone, esp. if their news reader does support it as it
would mean having to do a lot of cutting and pasting.

What percentage of the news readers allow the use of authenticated NNTP? • I
know OE does, you simply supply a login name and password in the account
properties. Could this system not have been implemented to save having • to
use a news client, a mail client and a web browser just to post a • message?

So, thanks, Daniel, for bringing this up. I would strongly vote for this
solution!

Thanks. I try to find the simplest solution to problems in my own
applications and wherever possible use the built-in features of the tools I
have at my disposal.

Dan