 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1181 – 1200 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

Hello Larry, hello everybody, (...) Let me first thank you for being one of those guys who try to keep a fair eye on all sides - Tood's, who continues to volunteer and make LUGNET an ever better place to be. - The Web Interface users, who, indeed, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

Amen to you Brad. I've just gotten onto LUGNET, and it's an absolute hassle to post because of the e-mail authentication. As to how anybody could like this is absolutely bizarre to me, it is time consuming and for the most part unecessary to 99% of (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) Normally I use the web interface (for over a year now), but I have the NNTP still set up in Navigator, so I gave it a test shot. 1) Open 'lugnet.com' in NS/Messenger window 2) Try to add 'lugnet.off-topic.test', then realize that I already had (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: A possible enhancement idea

(...) That would be cool. It would require keeping an index of yet-unconfirmed articles on a person-by-person basis (it doesn't currently track this) and just including that, or looking it up on-the-fly based on one of them. (...) I think it's (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

I just thought I would throw in my 2 cents in support of the changes even though most of my thoughts have been covered. I will try and keep this to what hasn't been said (or at least I havn't seen posted yet). (...) First let me begin by saying I am (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

I agree that it is time consumeing, as someone else wrote - I too write them offline and then dail in and send them. It is cheaper and gives one time to think about the answer. I also saves money. Now, there is a simple way around this - in Outlook (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Enhancement for us web-posters

OK, it's not really NNTP, but I couldn't find anywhere better to ask. Todd, any chance us web-posters could get a cancel button? Like you know, if I wanna obliterate that post I didn't read before I hit the dreaded "Post" button? I was thinking (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

Brad you rasie some good points, my take is that if you are being Spoofed you might not know it untill it's too late and someone has either ruined your reputaion or you seem to be held in low regard when you post and you don't know why because some (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) Shiri, This *doesn't* solve the problem for people who don't have access to a browser to authenticate their posts. It also doesn't solve the problem of people who compose a bunch of posts off-line, then dial-up to send them. These people now (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Possible bug with "Reply"-button

Hello Todd, With posting (URL) from Daniel Staudt I've encountered the following problem: When I click on the "Reply"- button it does a "Relply to poster via private e-mail message" instead of the normal "Post a public reply to this message". This (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff?

(...) Ummm...will I do? Larry responded nicely to your post. Believe me, there are probably many sarcastic remarks being withheld on his part, in order for him to respond civily to you (and for me as well). To pick apart the message wouldn't be (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: NNTP Posting Broken?

(...) I think you're right -- something is broken. I'm sure it's entirely fixable. I'll enable more logging and get to the bottom of it. Likely, it's something broken in the code I just added. It's extremely rare (as far as I'm aware) that (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: NNTP Posting Broken?

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3B2E1051.1F1A@m...ing.com... (...) I've had 1 post go astray and not received an email confirmation for it. This is what I feared might happen - relying on multiple protocols to achieve a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.292)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) it (...) Internet (...) Ok guys I really dont know what all this means, as a new computer user!! let alone new Lugnetter, newsgroup reader etc etc....I was hoping you could help ME????? (I really do want to know) I am running windows NT on a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.291)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) Thank you Jeff, for your time in posting this, I was reading my emails, came across your post, and decided to finish reading and go back to it, then follow the instructions. Then I read Todds post (thanks Todd) clicked on the link and ta da!!! (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.291)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) it (...) Internet (...) Don't worry, I won't *think* of trying a NetScrape product :) They annoy me to death, just like Outlook and Outlook Express and how hard to use they are. Especially with their insisting on using a variable-width font. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.291)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) This was against the Tree That Shall Not Be Named for fear of stirring it up again, at the time I think it was about 180 or so, and i had rated maybe 30 or them. I went through and rated every single post. In some cases I changed existing (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.291)

  The Problem (was Re: Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!)

(...) Todd, (et al) I'm worried about a technical solution to authentication problem. In fact, I'm a bit worried about whether we're solving the right problem at all. To me it seems the problem is not enforcing a ban on individuals, it's more a case (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.291)

  Re: Maybe "Dear Lego" sub groups would help

(...) I think "bulk" is probably sufficient to convey the meaning, but "bulksales" is more clear. (...) Definitely .legal. Copyright is far too narrow. "Fair play" may not always be the name of the Lego Company's statement. And that may be too (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.291)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

"Sam Hastings" <samjh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GEs6zt.A1x@lugnet.com... (...) Personally I fail to see the benefit of these 'breakaway' Yahoo discussion groups. I am perfectly happy talking with US Lugnetter's about all aspects of LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.291)

More:  Next Page >>