 Administrative / NNTP / 814
Re: E-mail authentication during posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:27:31 GMT

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> writes:
This is really annoying and is impacting my posting frequency.

Since I use a cable modem, I'm always posting from the same IP address.  Is
there any way to enter an IP address as "authorized" to be myself?

If that won't work, how about making it so we can just reply to the email
instead of going to the web page.  I think I could create an auto-reply rule
or something in my mail program that would make this automatic.

Ditto.  I have a static IP as well.  But I think it's possible people
may post from more than one place, so if this is done, it should be
allowed to enter more than one IP address, or to allow the
authentication mechanism to work if you are not posting from that
address.

--Bill.

                    (formerly known as hermit@bayview.com)
                   Life is too important to take seriously.