 Administrative / NNTP / 817
Re: E-mail authentication during posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 02:08:24 GMT

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 12:20:50AM +0000, Brad Hamilton wrote:
If that won't work, how about making it so we can just reply to the email
instead of going to the web page.  I think I could create an auto-reply rule
or something in my mail program that would make this automatic.

but by doing that, you'll be breaking the whole authentication process -
If I know that you have such a rule that auto authorizes posts by you, I
can spoof posts as you with no problem...  your auto-reply will authorize
them without hesitation... :/

--
Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750
<set:1251_1>:  SHELL Promotional Set: Service Station Series:  Racer (LEGO/SYSTEM/Town/Promotional/SHELL), '99, 1 figs