 Administrative / NNTP / 870
Re: E-mail authentication during posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 02:21:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Bryan Beckwith writes:
What if the email message that was sent contained HTML, so rather than
having to reply or go to an URL, those of us with HTML capable email clients
could just click a submit button?

The email could have the same choices the confirmation page has.

This would help a few (maybe a lot) more people, but some people still use
mail clients which don't support HTML, so they would need a text-based
solution as well. Probably better to try & get a useable text-based solution
first, and add HTML later if required.

ROSCO