 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1041 – 1060 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) Yup agreed, I may be a relative newbie to LUGNET, I'm present on the Internet since '93. A admin.newsclients group attracts post about 'how to configure Outlook/TIN' or similar. While I thought we're looking for a newsgroup to discuss (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.303)

  Re: Stick in the mud...

(...) There's a big difference: When a person types a URL in wrong by hand, it's usually either a mistake or because they were being lazy (not to imply that there's anything wrong with being lazy) or because they weren't aware of the actual (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.303)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) his (...) That is a quick way to find a singe one of his postings. but when I wanded to back-track his previous ones, I had to do a lot of "stepping". (Unless there is someting obvious that I overlooked ?) (...) I'm a very irregular reader, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.303)

  Updates of 5063, 5005, 5071, 5038, 5068, 5039, 5065, 5045, 5064

Hi Here is some updates for the LEGO database. All scans are made my me, Christian Kloumann The scans, and this info, are sent to ftp.lugnet.com to the directory incoming in the zip-file Chr_updates 5064: Picture of the service-pack: Locomotive (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 0.303)

  Re: It's almost like Mail Bombing...

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GI9ztw.9KG@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) mailers (...) Perhaps it could, if it is not already, be mentioned in the TOS. I just enrolled with a work related list which make this point: (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.303)

  Re: The cat is out of the bag (or, this is OFF-TOPIC.DEBATE!!!)

(...) Why are you asking me? Why not ask the guy who started this discussion? What part of "Off-topic.debate" isn't clear? This has actually been a very good discussion - much better than most. This has been the most benign discussion I have ever (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.302)

  Re: Lugnet for beginners

(...) Excellent! I didn't know Internet Exploiter had that. Here's one thing I've been experimenting with in Netscrape Navigator... (2 URLs) close to that level of flexibility does MSIE come? --Todd (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.302)

  Re: Strange server problems, please read and respond.

(...) Warning, I am speculating without certain knowledge. I don't think those two things are related. I got one of those mails from that same server too after a post that included .space, it is probably a person who was subscribed to .space and (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.302)

  Re: Confusion re: market.brickshops (was Re: New Brickbay shop- McBricks)

(...) Definitely confusing. If it is for discussion of brickshops, I wonder why we need another group, or does that kind of discussion not really fit lugnet.market.theory. I would dearly love to see lugnet.market.brickshops be the place to announce (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.302)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) I used to be able to use Supersedes to change my articles, but I haven't been able to do that anymore. I don't know if it is a policy change or a bug. Superseding is more or less the same as canceling an article and posting a new one, but it (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.302)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) Speculating: I suspect it was a policy change because the effect of Supersede on the historical record is that you changed a particular article at the very point in the thread where it previously was, which is in effect an edit. Mail (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.301)

  It's almost like Mail Bombing...

Whenever I post to some groups I get hit with a barrage of "Out of the office" and "Undeliverable Mail" replies to my personal mail box. This is VERY annoying. Is there any way we can do something about this? Dean -- Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.301)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) I canceled my original post about Fibblesnork because, in it, I had typed the URL, causing a link to the site, which I did not want. All within a short amount of time: there was one follow up, I e-mailed the poster notifying him I wanted to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.301)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) I thought that too...but even that, or re-confirming the message via e-mail (if I'm understanding that right, haven't used it myself...it seems like a message can be confirmed more than once...I've seen several instances where someone confirms (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.301)

  Re: It's almost like Mail Bombing...

(...) people who set their broken vacation/autoresponders, they reply to mail that is marked as "bulk". Not much we can do about it, except perhaps have Suz unsubscribe them until they get back... :/ Dan (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.301)

  Re: New group suggestion

(...) Problem is, on the internet, the line between a business and a person selling individual things gets really blurry. Where do you draw the line between a business and a person selling parts/sets? What would you call BAYLIT or AucZilla, a (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.301)

  Re: It's almost like Mail Bombing...

(...) The groups gated to mailing lists are the worst for this. (for example lugnet.robotics) There is not much to do about undeliverable mail as a person but I have a canned note saved that suggests that people ought to turn off their subscriptions (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.301)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

(...) It's an or-best-offer sale. On the internet, sure, there's little difference, but it is a valid sale type. (...) Umm, because it's in no way a sealed bid auction? EBay sends you updates telling you when someone outbids you, shows you a history (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.300)

  Lazy web posting

Maybe this already exists, but I'd like to be even more lazy when posting using the web interface. Currently, I always get the "Before you post" page, to which I respond "Yes", then I get the message composition page, where I check a box again (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.299)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

(...) I was just answering the point that Eric was making, that is all. Bickering is not my intention. To be honest, I wish I had enough self restraint to stop myself answering the points raised. I just hate to be misrepresented that is all. I _do_ (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.299)

More:  Next Page >>