 Administrative / General / 9539
Re: Strange server problems, please read and respond.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:03:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jordan Greer writes:
Okay, yesterday I posted an article in space. The confirmation email took
awhile to arrive but other than that it was fine, and I got a message that
it was successfully.
Then, I looked for responses today. There were none. Why you ask? Well, the
message had disappeared! And I HAD seen the darned thing listed. Then I
noticed that the supposedly most recent posts were from like August 31st or
30th, then I reloaded several minutes later and the time and date were
correct, but it appeared as if my message and several others had disappeared.
THEN I got this email:
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 01:09:37 PDT [Show full headers]
From: Mailer-Daemon@prv-mail20.provo.novell.com [Add to Address Book]
To: aurora_@mac.com [Add to Address Book]
Subject: Message status - undeliverable

The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following:
    JJEPPSON

Information about your message:
    Subject: New (well, old) MOC: Mavors II class heavy cruiser.

Even though it'd appeared earlier.
What the heck is going on?

Warning, I am speculating without certain knowledge.

I don't think those two things are related. I got one of those mails from
that same server too after a post that included .space, it is probably a
person who was subscribed to .space and then left Novell or something.

Are you sure your message is not there now? Try the web view. See if it got
cancelled for some reason. When you say you "saw it" how were you viewing
it? NNTP, mail or web?