 Administrative / General / 9525
Re: Possible problem/bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:26:38 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:

This is an unfortunate side effect of the "no edit, only cancel"
policy here... but this side effect is, I think, massively drowned
out by the positive effects of not being able to revise your words
in a way that makes replies inconsistent.

I used to be able to use Supersedes to change my articles, but I
haven't been able to do that anymore.  I don't know if it is a policy
change or a bug.

Superseding is more or less the same as canceling an article and
posting a new one, but it is done in one run.  It has the same
problems as canceling and reposting with respect to the
mail-interface: Subscribers to the mail interface will get multiple
copies.

Fredrik