 Administrative / General / 9518
Re: Possible problem/bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:47:51 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Gerber writes:
Even stranger, Todd...the cancelled message from Rico Lovelace is gone
now...it was one above Suz's cancelled message when I first posted last
night. When that cancellation showed up, the repeated message was
posted...many hours later.

<insert Twilight Zone theme music here>

OK, I think I see the confusion now...there are two threads, similar but
differrent.  Suzanne started a first one and then canceled her message,
and then started a new one about a half hour later.  So what you saw that
looked like it disappeared was actually on a different thread.  It was the
second one that grew big.

--Todd

If we are talking bugs here in the lugnet.robotics area that mailing
list went nuts and duplicated messages already on the list. I started
getting these "you posted via the mailing list, see all these other ways
of posting". I've never used the list.

Dean
--
Dean Husby