 Administrative / General / 9513
Re: Possible problem/bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:54:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Gerber writes:
Have you seen messages, sometimes several hours old, jumping up the
newsgroup hierarchy in the last day or so? Maybe I'm completely off my
rocker, but I believe I've seen this happen at least three times now, in
different groups and threads, at different tiimes.

Case in point: In response to your message about Fibblesnork, Suzanne, the
reply from Rico "Spyder" Lovelace (http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=32663)
seems to have jumped several hours, since it was, I believe, the first
response to you seven hours ago.

I haven't seen this, and it doesn't sound probable.  Perhaps Rico's clock
was set incorrectly on his newsreader's machine?  That could confuse the
date display.

Hey now! I see some cancelled messages...OK, I'll assume you know what's
happening after all. I guess I'll post this anyway, now that I have typed
it, just so others will know that they aren't also nuts.

I see one -- which Suzanne posted and cancelled herself and reposted.  Which
do you see?

--Todd