 Administrative / General / 9528
Re: Possible problem/bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:04:56 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:

Speculating: I suspect it was a policy change because the effect of
Supersede on the historical record is that you changed a particular
article at the very point in the thread where it previously was,
which is in effect an edit.

No, that is not true.  Superseding is technically mostly the same as
canceling and reposting the article.  The new article gets a new
Message-ID and a new article number.  It's not like editing an article
at all.

Well then never mind, I'm all wet and I have no idea why it stopped working.
Sounds like a bug rather than an intended policy change.