 Administrative / General / 9523
Re: Possible problem/bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:05:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Gerber writes:
Even stranger, Todd...the cancelled message from Rico Lovelace is gone
now...it was one above Suz's cancelled message when I first posted last
night. When that cancellation showed up, the repeated message was
posted...many hours later.

<insert Twilight Zone theme music here>

OK, I think I see the confusion now...there are two threads, similar but
differrent.  Suzanne started a first one and then canceled her message,
and then started a new one about a half hour later.  So what you saw that
looked like it disappeared was actually on a different thread.  It was the
second one that grew big.

--Todd

I canceled my original post about Fibblesnork because, in it, I had typed the
URL, causing a link to the site, which I did not want.

All within a short amount of time: there was one follow up, I e-mailed the
poster notifying him I wanted to cancel and restart the thread and suggested he
follow up my revised announcement. I canceled my and his posts, reposted mine
with no URL in text and highlighted it, and he reposted his as a follow up.

People who subscribe to the lists via e-mail received both versions of my
announcement, for which I apologize.

-Suz