 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 101 – 120 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Message awaiting authentication

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hp86w5.wHy@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Google Groups is a web interface for NNTP. NNTP stands for Network News Transfer Protocol - if you're posting in a newsgroup - or "forum/community/etc." (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: location of NQC group?

(...) Safest thing is a multi-step process: 1. Announce that a new group/list lugnet.robotics.nqc will soon be replacing lugnet.robotics.nqc (i.e., a "heads-up"). 2. [A day or so later] Create lugnet.robotics.nqc and associated web areas and mailing (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

Below is a reply I received from my email provider after I requested A solution to my problem from their end. -Rob Hello, Thanks for your description. Now I see the situation. Yes, the mail server on all standard LinkSky accounts uses the Open Relay (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: New Items on The Vault - 9/9/99

(...) I think Matt posted in the right place. Matt has established his proprietorship "The Vault" much like an online store (where everything is first-come-first-serve and fixed-priced) and very little like a typical person-to-person sale. As long (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: Interface changes coming today

(...) Yes, this will be for ALL people posting to lugnet.* newsgorups -- whether they use an external newsreader or the web interface. It's not necessary for everyone to have their info stored in a web browser cookie -- that's totally optional and (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) Well, give it a shot in .announce (for better or for worse) and see what people think. If nobody complains, and a lot of people are happy about it (and I think most people will be), then it's probably the right formula. So how about--? (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Older Set info to add

Here is some more set info for Pause! (Todd, some of the prices I have listed here are different from what you have in Pause. I don't know why, so you can use whichever you think should be there.) ---...--- From the 1986 Mail Order Catalog: (NEW) (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.database)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping

(...) Emmanuel's posts are great--they provide timely information about some good (and sometimes *great*) deals. The community is enhanced by having these posts. I would rather the current situation (Emmanuel posting to .shopping) continue, than (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: NEW Featured Item at the Yellow Castle Marketplace (week of Oct 8)

OK, I admit it. I'm a compartmentalized dork. I would prefer messages like this (see below) to appear in one group. Yet, reading the charters for all three groups, there's nothing that directs Ben to choose one group over the other two, so he posts (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Charter for lugnet.announce.lsahs

(...) Allrighty then, I count four people (Gary L, Ben G, Tom McD, and me) who are in favor of the name being lugnet.announce.lsahs and no one yet directly opposed to that specific name. Linc S listed some other possibilities (...) (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Replies to posts gone awry

I've been tempted to reply to many of the threads in this post: (URL) by John Heins. John erroneously cross-posted this to market.shopping. The previous post /loc/uk/?n=7787 by Mark Calladine arguably could have been cross-posted there, but John's (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) For us AFOLs, it was an incredibly nice thing to do. And for LD, it's a nice way to gather a data point on our buying power. It's a win-win. But... (...) Actually, it doesn't really belong in the main .announce group -- it was an unsolicited (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: Pruning not good for the trees

(...) This may be a dead horse, but I'm just reading this thread now. I think part of the muddiness is that Larry is talking from the side of how the law will be applied. A word can have a very different meaning in court than in Webster's (or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) Yes, this was my intent. I was not suggesting a moderated news group. A moderated news group sounds like it is too much work. (...) Yes, I think it should work this way. Except, I suppose the original message would need to be posted to the new (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: While we're on a kick of appropriate posting...

(...) Not true...I've only used Brickbay once (a very good experience, I've just not needed anything else)...I never go there normally. I happen to think that the issue is important to the community in general (no pun intended), so I added .general (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: Traffic Error

(...) Thanks to both of you for reporting & documenting this. Let's see what we can find out. 2:25pm PDT today equals 5:25pm EDT, equals 924297900 seconds past the epoch, so what's in the activity log snapshots at that time...? Hmm, nothing odd (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: Enough already

(...) I'm probably in the minority here, but guess what? I don't care. I think what Kevin has done with Brickshelf.com is AWESOME. Utterly and completely AWESOME. I applaud his effort 100%. But you know what? For all the scans I've browsed through (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: Change in handling of real names on LUGNET web pages?

Honestly, using people's real names is part of what I always liked about LUGNET-- when someone says "Did you see that new model by Edgar Jones?" it's more personal than when you say "Did you see that new model by ButtonBlaster26?" It gives you a (...) (16 years ago, 19-Feb-09, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  My Point Of View !!!

(...) Yes, the latest LEGO train posting might have been a marketing post, but it's been an extremely interesting one! I have never seen an uninteresting posting from any LD employee so far. And even it would be pure marketing, I'd still rather (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail, service
(score: 3.155)

  Re: homepage bringing forth weird results

(...) It's under: tools->internet options...->temporary internet files->delete files... That SHOULD fix your problem :) (barring majick) DaveE (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.854)

More:  Next Page >>