 Administrative / General / 10273
10272  |  10274
Subject:
Replies to posts gone awry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:57:49 GMT

I've been tempted to reply to many of the threads in this post:

http://news.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=7791

written by John Heins. John erroneously cross-posted this to
market.shopping. The previous post /loc/uk/?n=7787 by Mark Calladine
arguably could have been cross-posted there, but John's comments have
nothing to do with shopping. Maybe market.theory or dear-lego or even
.general but not market.shopping.

A cross-posting mistake is no big deal. But then these people follow up the
post in .shopping:

Allan Bedford http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=9091
Troy Cefaratti http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=9092 (OK, maybe
this one is marginally related to .shopping, since Troy asks if it is not
possible to buy something)
Kevin Salm http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=9093
John Heins again: http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=9095
Steven Lane http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=9096
Allan Bedford http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=9097
Steven Lane again: http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=9098
Erik Olson http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=9099
(to date. I expect more will be coming.)

Most of these posters appear to be quite experienced LUGNET posters who know
what posts belong and do not belong in .market.shopping. By the way, here's
the .market.shopping charter:

lugnet.market.shopping (group):
      Retail, mail-order, and online shopping: information, discussions,
      experiences, analysis; FOTW's (Find of the Week), sales, promotions,
      coupon offers; LEGO Shop-At-Home Service (phone/flyer specials,
      availability, etc.); liquidation outlets, second-hand stores, garage
      sale tips, etc.

If I misread this charter, then I apologize to all named for bringing this
up. Or, if I misunderstand how LUGNET is intended to work, then please
accept my apologies for that, too.

If not, I ask you as experienced and frequent posters, to please post
appropriately. If a reply is not on topic to the group, please put the reply
in the appropriate group.

Thanks

Cary
cary@corp.webtv.net