  Search Results: racial minifig
 Results 161 – 180 of about 17000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) Ummm, ok... here goes. (ramble ahead- beware) I know a couple from India as well, who has had an arranged marriage. I also know a whole branch of my extended family, who are orthodox Jews, that have had all their marriages arranged, not to (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.985)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

(...) So what about that part which says "minority admissions procedures that can withstand allegations of unfair preferences"? Sounds to me like they're vying for a more fair environment, not necessarily within the restrictions of affirmitave (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.985)

  Re: defining proper content

"Michael Perri" <zerog270@aol.com> wrote in message news:FzBK0r.462@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) read (...) they (...) please (...) tough (...) they (...) racial (...) about (...) what (...) I've noticed, and so has everyone else I've spoken with, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 1.985)

  Re: New Pricing??

(...) to, (...) ponder. (...) Suppose (...) Offence is a subjective assessment made by the observer. I note also that a man who makes a joke about his own racial group is a wit, while the man who makes a joke about another racial group is a bigot (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au)

racial
(score: 1.985)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) Indeed, this would have been an easy way to circumvent racial issues, this particular time. Still, there are four thumbnail pictures from the movie towards the top of the instruction pages, and the human portrayed most clearly (in two of the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh, absolutely, but I was giving situation-type examples, and today's racial profiling (of black drivers, of Arab airline passengers, etc.) is of the same species. And regardless of the civil rights movement, it was wrong of the government to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) The Chinese make tat? That's a racial slur if If ever I heard one. Tim's a racist. Racist here. Everyone point at him and make a scowly face. Racist. Racist. (I'm using your own logic). Steve (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: What's Good for the Goose....

(...) Well, I say let the girl have her school group. But I can understand the NAACP's discomfort at the thought of a return to (or perpetuation of) institutionalized White Clubs. The reason it's a sensitive issue is that, in the US, the the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  MASH--geat show was Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) MASH did a pretty good 'racial' episode, in which a wounded soldier didn't want blood from 'those people'. Hawkeye sedated him and he and BJ took some dye and coloured the unconsious soldiers' skin a darker colour... Was a bit of a wake-up (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: New Skin Tones coming? (was: Re: Scans from new danish 2004 catalog)

(...) Ahhh, but Pandora's box has been opened, and going back is not possible. And frankly, I think it was cowardice to remain "neutral" WRT the racial issue. They simply chose to stick their collective heads in the sand. Look at the figs in the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: A new species in the neighborhood

(...) Aaron, That is one cool friend you've found there! Her racial color coordination is sweet. Yes, please work on that authorization, pronto! -ªþ§ (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

(...) The problem is, specifically excluding Black characters also (and perhaps more so) opens them to charges of racial bias. Remember, they have made minifigs that are specifically Asian (Ninja series) and Native American (Western series) and (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: Storm Trooper and TIE pilot heads!

(...) I (...) So, does anyone think that the brown head is leading towards multi-racial minifigs? Personally, I think the next step will be Lando. -Alfred (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: Some people call Buicks "boats"...

(...) I was referring jokingly to the reverence Tom is shown. (...) The UK is a parliamentary democracy with a constitutional monarch. She’d be set aside if she tried to use what little powers she still holds. Interestingly, she could have stopped (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close

(...) Ask 100 people and you'll get 100 different answers. I don't think you can boil it down to one convenient factor. (...) Civil liberties, racial equality, gun control, abortion, school prayer, censorship, business rights, unions, and on and on. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) You aren't being serious. (...) Skin color wasn't the issue; it was a racial issue. (...) You've missed my point. How about this: a Jewish comedian pokes fun at Rabbi in a joke. A Muslim comedian pokes fun at a Rabbi in a joke. Is not one (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) As your own country's history shows, anti-Semitism, ethnic cleansing, genocide and racial/ethnic/religious intolerance is not a uniquely European experience. Zionism was an established philosophy well before WW2 and some form of Jewish (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: What's Good for the Goose....

(...) Because he has no problem with any other group forming using race as a basis for its existence! Black clubs and Asian clubs also "smack of racial division", but somehow they are of no concern to him. (...) I can too, but hello?! we are not in (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) As a Hungarian of gypsy ancestory, I didn't know that's where that term comes from, how cool - my very own racial slur! I must remember to be offended each time it's used by others, while using it myself among other Hungarians. Also, I must (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.984)

  Naughty Words? (was: Couldn't resist bringing this to your attention(s))

What motivates people to be offended by a word? I sincerely don't get it. Racial epithets offend me if they're being seriously issued, but it's the idea, not the word. In the example of "crap" below, it seems clear that the person is actually (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.984)

More:  Next Page >>