 Off-Topic / Debate / 22194
Re: What's Good for the Goose....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:50:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   “A local NAACP leader said Lisa McClelland’s proposed club smacks of racial division”.

Accusing someone of creating “racial division” is akin to calling them “racists” IMO. The entire quotation is, in the final analysis, the pot calling the kettle, er, black.

I don’t see how it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Because he has no problem with any other group forming using race as a basis for its existence! Black clubs and Asian clubs also “smack of racial division”, but somehow they are of no concern to him.

   Inasmuch as the minority groups formed due to ostracism, and the “white” group is not forming for the same reason, I can see where McCelland’s concern is coming from.

I can too, but hello?! we are not in the 60’s anymore! The need for these types of groups has long past. But I honestly believe that some black leaders, such as Jesse Jackson, have VESTED interests to see racial divisions perpetuated to justify their own worn out existence. Jesse Jackson is a dinosaur and a RACIST-- as destructive to black people as “whitey” ever was, and perhaps worse. Ideas such as quotas and affirmative action are an affront to black people and minorities everywhere, because the underlying message is that they are not intelligent enough or skilled enough and so they need special treatment or consideration.

I realize that this country was responsible for some horrific atrocities to blacks, but not all blacks, and not all whites were involved. How long must we pay for the sins of our fathers? How do you feel about the reparations movement?

   It seems that the “white” club is being formed simply in reaction to the others existing.

Possibly, but the point is moot. Why shouldn’t in theory such a group exist along side of the other racial groups? The double-standard is illuminating. For the record, I think any group formed on the basis of race is racist and wrong.

JOHN