 Off-Topic / Debate / 22193
Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:23:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   4) I don’t trust Dubya’s administration in the slightest

This is not a small thing. See these newsbits:

An open invitation to election fraud

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/09/23/bev_harris/index.html

Not only is the country’s leading touch-screen voting system so badly designed that votes can be easily changed, but its manufacturer is run by a die-hard GOP donor who vowed to deliver his state for Bush next year.

How George W. Bush Won the 2004 Presidential Election

http://www.infernalpress.com/Columns/election.html

Purging voter lists is just the beginning: the U.S. has embraced a form of electronic voting that is unreliable, unverifiable and funded by the radical Christian right.

Inside A U.S. Election Vote Counting Program

http://www.blackboxvoting.com/scoop/S00065.htm

Edit: excellent site for the full story.

So yeah, who knows when a revolt might go down. Seriously, this is not the representative democracy I read about in schoolbooks.

And Kooties wants to take away the peacekeeper, the equalizer, the final check and balancer of the system.

No thanks.

-- Hop-Frog