 Off-Topic / Debate / 22196
Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:53:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:

all good links that I’ll spend time readig...

   So yeah, who knows when a revolt might go down. Seriously, this is not the representative democracy I read about in schoolbooks.

And Kooties wants to take away the peacekeeper, the equalizer, the final check and balancer of the system.

No thanks.

-- Hop-Frog

You’d think that if the ‘equalizer’ is the ‘final check and balancer of the system’, then the system would have that mandated somewhere, that, mayhaps, someone in some sort of position of authority would have made sometime during the course of events, say, a law or something, that there would be a bona-fide legitimate ‘rule on the books’ that we could go to and say, ‘oh looky here, a law saying that the gun is the final check and balancer of the system’.

You’d think that if it was so terribly important, that someone would have written it down somewhere.

Ahh, but I don’t think the word ‘think’ has anything to do with gun ownership. At least, that’s what I’m thinking, anyway.

Dave K