 Off-Topic / Debate / 22176
Re: What's Good for the Goose....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:35:38 GMT

   http://www.local6.com/news/2492861/detail.html

And the local NAACP has the nerve to call the group “racist”. When are such organizations going to come to the realization that their very existence perpetuates the type of behavior they abhor.

Well, I say let the girl have her school group. But I can understand the NAACP’s discomfort at the thought of a return to (or perpetuation of) institutionalized White Clubs. The reason it’s a sensitive issue is that, in the US, the the group-in-power has never been non-white, and during that esteemed tenure of white power, other groups have frequently been (and, some can credibly argue, are still being) denied rights and services long enjoyed by whites.

So you’re right that it’s problematic for the NAACP, a pro-racial-awareness group, to criticize another pro-racial-awareness group, but I’d argue that the problem isn’t as simple as anti-white racism.

Dave!