  Search Results: racial minifig
 Results 121 – 140 of about 17000.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) But it's an issue which comes up (naturally) from time to time -- and came up in RTL several times -- and it *IS* related to LEGO. Anything related to LEGO has a place here. On the one hand, I agree that it doesn't have a terribly big place in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Umm, no. You and I traded a few posts about this, and I certainly don't wish the debate would "die"- not as long as there are Lugnet users who are interested in exchanging viewpoints about it. What I *do* wish is that people who don't want the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) of (...) Well said. Bruce (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Always good advice! Yes! (...) IMO, no debate here deserves to die so long as people are still being calm and principled and the debate is taking place in the most appropriate group (often .off-topic.debate). The .off-topic.debate are is _for_ (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

Todd Lehman wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Gosh, I hope there aren't any groups which you aren't aware of the purpose they are intended to serve (though obviously you would have to do some poking around in the logs to determine for sure whether or (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) David, I don't think it was 100% crystal clear that Eric wasn't being serious. If I didn't know Eric, and I didn't know that he wasn't married, and I didn't know that he was a swell guy anyway who would never advocate domestic violence, I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.629)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) Well, I thought that it was clear as soon as I said I had taken part in an arranged marriage. I do know well enough that the practice still exist- even here in the USA- but I thought that placed me well within the bounds of fiction. Live and (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.629)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) I know a couple from Bengal (in India) that had an arranged marriage! Didn't meet until their wedding day. I had no reason to think you weren't being serious! And the example was wasted on me anyway, since I was presenting the scenario as I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.629)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) - (...) Not at all... in fact you've hit the nail right on the head as far as I'm concerned about the entire race question. What you call "value" is more acurately termed (in this discussion anyway) skin albeido. That is, the level of light (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.629)

  Re: defining proper content

"Michael Perri" <zerog270@aol.com> wrote in message news:FzBK0r.462@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) read (...) they (...) please (...) tough (...) they (...) racial (...) about (...) what (...) I've noticed, and so has everyone else I've spoken with, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 1.629)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) It's very popular here in Turkey, especially in small towns and villages. The couple knows each other before the wedding generally, but it is not needed the marriage to be the decision and or desire of the couple (not of the girl, especially). (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.629)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) It's a cultural thing completely. We don't have any racist issues in our entire history (yes, there is some religious and ethnic discrimination from time to time, but not any related to skin color) so both race discrimination and political (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.629)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) Didn't (...) I checked with my friend at work from Iraq (note that he identifies himself as Assyrian) and confirms that arranged marriages were still happening there as of 20 years ago (when he decided he didn't want to die for the glory of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.629)

  the never ending struggle

I geuss I have to thank dave for clarifying certain points from my previous posts. Specifically the issue of representational color in minifigs, and how a yellow lando would be about as good as a blue chewbacca or a green 3po. In defense of my (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.628)

  defining proper content

I am very new to this part of lugnet but I have found a small problem that has received my attention. Anytime I know someone that has found a problem all that I will ask is give a possible solution with it. I wonder if this might be one of those (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 1.628)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) One random thought from out of the blue: Several people have commented that they now primarily use the web interface for reading. When this is used, you see the whole thread no matter where it has wandered. Perhaps the web interface should by (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 1.626)

  Re: New Pricing??

(...) to, (...) ponder. (...) Suppose (...) Offence is a subjective assessment made by the observer. I note also that a man who makes a joke about his own racial group is a wit, while the man who makes a joke about another racial group is a bigot (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au)

racial
(score: 1.625)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

I put this in lugnet.general because I don't know where it started. We ain't what we oughta be We ain't what we wanta be We ain't what we gonna be But thank God we ain't what we was. -MLK Perhaps some people will be mad at me for bringing this (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

racial
(score: 1.625)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"John DiRienzo" <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote in message news:G0xz8F.Fon@lugnet.com... (...) into (...) I (...) replies, (...) States, (...) type (...) me (...) After reading through this post of yours, even though you did bring up a touchy subject, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

racial
(score: 1.625)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Wow, this is a stupendous day for Lugnet! Tim, John, and I are agreeing on a heated topic! How did this happen?! Dave! (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

racial
(score: 1.625)

More:  Next Page >>