  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 641 – 660 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Spririt.ocx / Cybermaster

(...) CyberMaster don't have firmware in RAM, only RCX does. That's why you don't have the file. Probably the example is only for RCX users... :-( (...) Here's some WEB sites you may want to check about SPIRIT.OCX programming: LEGO SPIRIT.OCX (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.559)

  legOS problems

when I send a new set of firmware to the rcx unit, download seems to work fine, but the rcx unit powers off at the end of reception and requires a battery removal to get it to even power back on.. I built the tools under winnt using cygwin32 b20.1, (...) (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.559)

  Hotrodding the firmware

I am basically very happy with the posibilities that NQC and the standard firmware offers. I am reluctant to go into LegOS or deep hardware hacking as I like to keep my Lego hobby playfull and free from everyday task synchronisation, addressing (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.559)

  Re: Ne kleine Frage.

firmware
(score: 1.558)

  Re: Batteries Dead

(...) Yes, it is in standby mode waiting for an interrupt. Standby mode greatly reduces power requirements, but it maintains RAM contents. That is why you don't have to download firmware every time you turn it on. (...) Yes. (...) Yes. (...) I don't (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.558)

  Pattern in RCX opcodes.

Did anyone notice that the last hex digit of the RCX opcodes uniquely (well almost) identifies number of bytes that the opcode takes as arguments? 0,6 -> void 1,7 -> 1 byte 2 -> 2 bytes. 3 -> 3 bytes. 4 -> 4 bytes. 5 -> 5 bytes I think the only (...) (26 years ago, 20-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.558)

  Re: robotics sub-groups

Todd Lehman wrote in message <36a8875a.87082873@l...et.com>... (...) firmware or (...) I agree with Kekoa, having an alternate firmware group is good enough for now. At a later date it could be split if needed. As of now I think that LegOS and (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

firmware
(score: 1.558)

  Batteries Dead

I turned on my RCX for the first time in about a month. A Month ago, my batteries were brand new and working fine. When I turned it on today, it beeped at me like it was dying, and the lcd display started to fade. Questions: 1) Does the RCX Use (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.558)

  Re: legOS problem

I have tried this with brand new batteries.. still the same result.. I am using rcxfirm to send the firmware across to the rcx unit. The download seems to run fine, and ends with a beep from the rcx unit, after this beep the rcx unit shuts down and (...) (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.558)

  Re: legOS Download

The problem is Mindstorm came out for the PC crowd. Not everyone that is buying these systems have UNIX or LINIX . CYGNUS has come out with tools that allow one to compile UNIX code on his/her MSDOS PC. This IMHO is a god-send. The other problem is (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.558)

  Re: IR Tower

=>From: "John A. Tamplin" <jat@Traveller.COM> =>... =>Look at the Hitachi H8/3292 documentation -- it has all of that for you. =>Briefly, ROM is 0x0000-3FFF, external address space is 0x8000-0xFB7F, =>internal RAM is 0xFD80-0xFF7F, external address (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.558)

  Re: legOS problems

(...) How are your batteries? I've found out that with my CyberMaster and with almost spent batteries, when a motor worked with a bit more load than was supposed, the unit shutdown entirely and it loose all memory in the process. Because it's a RCX (...) (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.557)

  Expression limitations w/bytecode

As I understand it, the bytecode interpreter doesn't allow you to do fairly simple things like subtract two variables from each other. That makes doing comparisions between sensors somewhat challenging if you want to know the magnitude of the (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.557)

  RCX and h8hforth Forth programming language/firmware.

Has anyone else tried to upload the h8hforth.srec file into their RCX and successfully interfaced w/ the RCX via a generic COM program as described by Ralph Hempel? The Forth language/OS firmware is available at his website at: (URL) have not been (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.557)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) I have been able to change batteries without losing firmware or programs. Just line the new batteries up in the correct orientation, flip all the old ones out (it helps to have the +ve end such that your thumb goes to the larger gap there) and (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.557)

  Re: Help with my IR tower

(...) We just got a set for Christmas and have encountered the same problem. It worked like a champ for several hours then suddenly wouldn't download. I've tried fresh batteries, & an AC power supply. Wiping out the firmware and re-downloading (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.557)

  Re: legOS and alternate operating systems

Let me see if I've got this right. The RCX has an operating system in a ROM. This controls the basic I/O, timer, hardware details and communications. It also upon first start, loads another program from the PC - this is the Firmware we're talking (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.557)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas: How 'bout an expansion module?

Instead of a new RCX, how about a module that plugs into the existing ports and uses them to expand the I/O? Along with a new firmware and software, we could opt to purchase an expansion set without having to reinvent this wheel. I think that folks (...) (26 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.556)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) You forget that there are many of us (if not the majority) that neither have the means to build hardware, nor have the knowledge or know-how to build it. I personally know how good I am at destroying hardware. Is not uncommon to try to fix (...) (26 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.556)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

While talking about separating the battery pack from the RCX it occurred to me that having the thing forget all the firmware whenever you change the batteries is a *pain*. Making the RCX retain this in a semi-permanent or permanent fashion would be (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.556)

More:  Next Page >>