 Robotics / 2994
2993  |  2995
Subject:
RCX and h8hforth Forth programming language/firmware.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:50:33 GMT

Has anyone else tried to upload the h8hforth.srec file into their RCX
and successfully interfaced w/ the RCX via a generic COM program as
described by Ralph Hempel?

The Forth language/OS firmware is available at his website at:
http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/H8hforth/default.html

I have not been able to successfully download the compiled srec
formatted firmware.  I am using RcxCC's download firmware command and
not firmdl.c as reccomended by Ralph.  Maybe that's a problem.

Does anyone have a compiled firmdl.c for Win32 (Windblows 32...er I
mean  Windows...) that could work with this forth srec file?

Also what terminal settings are best?  2400 N 8 1, Hardware or Software
flow control?

Anxious to try forth on the RCX

Dave