 Robotics / 1672
1671  |  1673
Subject:
Pattern in RCX opcodes.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 16:20:05 GMT

Did anyone notice that the last hex digit of the RCX opcodes uniquely (well
almost) identifies number of bytes that the opcode takes as arguments?

0,6  ->  void
1,7  ->  1 byte
2    ->  2 bytes.
3    ->  3 bytes.
4    ->  4 bytes.
5    ->  5 bytes

I think the only exceptions are 0x95 and 0x45, but I might have missed
something.

This is probably from the ream of neat-but-useless information, but being a
number theory fan I couldn't help but notice it. It definately looks "by
design", so I wonder if this is somehow used in firmware or ROM?

-Vadim