 Western/Wild West / 14

Subject:
Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 02:26:08 GMT

The Lego group really ought to have done more with this theme.  Frankly, I love
the Wild West stuff.  Everything was good about this theme; the buildings and
Indian camps looked really cool, there were those awesome six-shooters and
rifles, other neat stuff (like the safes, dynamite, and dollar bills), and
every
one of the fourteen minifig guys (including Indian warriors) and Indian woman
looked cool; there wasn't a Timmy (my term for a black sheep) in the bunch : ).
What would be kinda interesting for the future, in my opinion, would be to have
some set-up that incorporated "white" women (notice that all the "white"
western
minifigs are male), like a gunslingin' cowgirl, a schoolteacher-type femme, or
showgirl/dancer type (like the women that performed in saloons, with the
feathers in their hair and kinda skimpy outfits  : ).  To add to males, I'd
like
to see some gold miner/panner guys, a bartender (hint, hint, SALOON!), a few
more rowdy cowboys (how 'bout some lassos, Lego?), some 1800's businessmen, a
doctor, a blacksmith, and an engineer (it'd be nice to see a steam locomotive
set, preferably with two or all three of the old bandits included, or maybe
even
a few new bandits).  A few more different Indian dudes and camps for them would
definitely be cool.  As a new subtheme, there could be some Mexican-American
dudes (they were part of the American West too) with sombreros and ponchos and
stuff.  Lego could create some interesting new sets with a theme like this
(adobe buildings, cacti, and vultures would be fair game).  Does anyone have
any
interesting suggestions concerning future possibilites for Wild West, if Lego
resurrects this theme?

Mike

Re: Future Wild West Possibilities