 Western/Wild West / 194
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:14:49 GMT

In lugnet.western, Damien Nesbit writes:
On 30 Dec. 1999, in lugnet.western, David little writes:
"...the pirate era was [when] most of the slave trading [ocurred] and lego
avoided that just as they could with the Civil War sets."

    I'm all for African minifigs.  I want minifig heads in all shades of
brown and in betwween.  Imagine a shipful of slave trade escapees turned
pirates and terrorizing the seas of the carribbean.  It's gotta start with
Lando and Mace! Let's Organize!  How do we campaign for lego to create this?
Who's e-mail can we flood?
I'm ready.
Damien

I read somewhere here that Lego only does yellow heads to stay away from race
issues.  Is this actually true?  Has anyone confirmed this with Lego?  Earlier
I had just took the yellow head thing for gospel when I read it.
Honestly I don't see what the big deal would be if they did make other ethnic
figs.  What is there reasoning if this is true?  Maybe I will write Lego and
find out if I don't hear anything back.
David