 Western/Wild West / 14
13  |  15
Subject:
Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 02:26:08 GMT

The Lego group really ought to have done more with this theme.  Frankly, I love
the Wild West stuff.  Everything was good about this theme; the buildings and
Indian camps looked really cool, there were those awesome six-shooters and
rifles, other neat stuff (like the safes, dynamite, and dollar bills), and
every
one of the fourteen minifig guys (including Indian warriors) and Indian woman
looked cool; there wasn't a Timmy (my term for a black sheep) in the bunch : ).
What would be kinda interesting for the future, in my opinion, would be to have
some set-up that incorporated "white" women (notice that all the "white"
western
minifigs are male), like a gunslingin' cowgirl, a schoolteacher-type femme, or
showgirl/dancer type (like the women that performed in saloons, with the
feathers in their hair and kinda skimpy outfits  : ).  To add to males, I'd
like
to see some gold miner/panner guys, a bartender (hint, hint, SALOON!), a few
more rowdy cowboys (how 'bout some lassos, Lego?), some 1800's businessmen, a
doctor, a blacksmith, and an engineer (it'd be nice to see a steam locomotive
set, preferably with two or all three of the old bandits included, or maybe
even
a few new bandits).  A few more different Indian dudes and camps for them would
definitely be cool.  As a new subtheme, there could be some Mexican-American
dudes (they were part of the American West too) with sombreros and ponchos and
stuff.  Lego could create some interesting new sets with a theme like this
(adobe buildings, cacti, and vultures would be fair game).  Does anyone have
any
interesting suggestions concerning future possibilites for Wild West, if Lego
resurrects this theme?

Mike