 Western/Wild West / 208
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 00:30:25 GMT

In lugnet.western, Damien Nesbit writes:
    I just recieved an email from Jon Furman that included jpegs of his
homemade nubian minifigs.  They are really the motts and anyone who has
followed this conversation that has not requested to recieve them from him
really should get in touch.  Also, Jon brings up two good points within his
posting.  number one is that rebel soldiers can be created with the grey caps
that are included in rock raiders and adventurers amazon playsets, and number
two is that setting your display in a period after the civil war may help a
builder use their existing collection more efficiently.  In an earlier
correspondance that I sent to David Little a while back, I suggested that he
might combine his western and adventurers playsets into a single display that
would be set in a place where the architecture is circa the cicil war but
the "current" era is more modernized.  He seemed to recieve the idea well.  I
can't wait to see what he and Jon come up with next.

I was wondering has anyone seen the rock raiders set 1276 in stores anywhere.
I have not been able to find them in the stores here.  I just thought that it
would be a lot less costly to buy a bunch of 1276 than the whole minifig pack
to get the grey kepi.  I haven't even seen it at any online shops that I have
been to.  I really could use them for my confederates.
I have also been experimenting with modifing current figures.  I have finally
found a great way to get the paint off your figures without scratching or
dulling the brick in anyway.  I got this from an old friend who said that he
had used pine sol to get paint off of his model trains.  Well I tried it!  I
soaked a timmy torso in pine sol for 24 hours and then took it out and scrubed
it with an old tooth brush.  Let me tell you the paint came right off.  It
still has its shine and no scratches like I said.  I recommend that you try it
on a timmy or some other fig you would like to experiment on.  Now I am to the
point of painting.  I have been told the best way is to clean it in dish soap
and water first to get off any oil.  Then to put on a primer coat then use the
disired paint.  Does anyone have anyother recommendations for me.  What is the
best was to get details such as buttons and shirt lines without making it look
like a mess.  What paints do you recommend?
I thank you for the help.
Soon I shall have my confederate army with officers and men in uniforms.