 Western/Wild West / 157
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 06:40:28 GMT

In lugnet.western, David Little writes:

Well Damien, I'm not sure where you are reading whiney and lazy posts.  All I
can recall reading is posts of what people would like to see out of this
theme.  I agree that you can build many of the things mentioned in this thread
from existing pieces, but I also think there is many things that you can not
make look right with exsisting pieces.  Maybe you should also think that
people are coming here to express ideas just like every other thread of
messages out there.  Cut us a little slack!
David

  I didn't say any of the ideas were bad.  I think most of 'em are pretty
cool, but that us Lego users don't need to depend so much on the imagination
of the Lego designers.  A lot of people are mentioning that they'd like to see
a wild west train set.  Why?  Why not obtain a 3225 or a 7722 and combine
those into a western theme.  I'm sure that even 4561 could be turned into a
nice retro-looking train (though with the windows from that set the
independent modeler might want to build their train cars 8 studs wide).  Alas,
i understand that such efforts may become costly, so to be supportive of my
fellow Lego fans, I'll say that if there were any efforts organized by lugnet
users to officially request a western-themed train set from TLC that I'd sign
on with their campaign.  This is something that I think more lugnet user
groups should band together and do.  We should be weilding our power as
consumers with the TLC.  If enough people get together and decide upon what
they really want as Lego fans, then wouldn't TLC have to respond in some
fashion?
  Y'all get as much slack as the next 'cos I'll be making more noise.
---Damien