 Western/Wild West / 43
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:03:40 GMT

As far as the *need* for slaves in a American Civil War theme, I don't see
where there is a need for any. Many historians will tell you that the
slavery issue was a very minor point in the entire affair and was only
brought up by Lincoln as a reason to explain the war. I think anybody could
do a very nice job creating an American Civil War theme and leaving the
slaves out.

Secondly: As far as the regionalized themes (i.e. an American Civil War them
that wouldn't sell anywhere else), it wouldn't be the first time that TLC
has released sets to only one country or region. That aside, however, I'd
love to have historical sets for any country. Bring on sets for the French
Revolution!
Someone also mentioned the two World Wars as the only feasible options for
historical war type sets. Even with the World Wars, TLC would run into
problems with regionalization. The different countries had different reasons
for being in each of those wars. I know, the United States was in WWII as
aid to the Allied Forces, but they were also focused on attacking Japan.
Every country has that side.

Anyway . . . Just my $.02. I'll get off my soapbox now.

-Jonathan