 Western/Wild West / 30
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:42:32 GMT

I do!!!
Cool...
An Abraham Limcoln minifig...
Black slaves...

Black?
There's a problem here.
How would TLC deal with the issues of racism, slaves, etc.?
Up till now, there weren't any black-white-minorities issues, since all
minifigs were yellow. (Chinese, maybe? :-)
I remember some comments (can't remember who, though) about the fact that TLC
avoided racesim issues by not giving the minifigs a race at all.
So how would they make slaves, or slavers, without changing the minifigs • faces?

Hmmm...

   That is where TLC will run into a problem. All minifigs are yellow so that
any child, of any race can relate to them. no other toy on the market is as
neutral as lego. for example the are 4 diffrent types of the same barbie doll-
a white one, an african american one, a latin one, and an asian one.
  If TLC were to make civil war lego sets with black slaves there would be so
much outrage from from the african american community, they would have to
discontinue the sets instantly. I think that the closest we came, and are
going to come to civil war lego sets are the wild west sets. However if they
were to make civil war sets with slaves I think that TLC would make the slaves
with yellow faces just like every other minifig, just to keep its neutrality.

-Rich

Any suggestions?

-Shiri