 Western/Wild West / 201
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:24:54 GMT

In thinking about the future of wild west possibilities, especially when
combining WW with adventurers, the possibilities really are cool.  The two
time periods are the closest together of all the sets.  You could set the time
period towards the late 1800's, and include a confrontation between Northern
Native Americans-Nez Perce etc. , and The RCMP (Mounties) I've made mounties
from the red torso included with several paradisa sets,and the town minifigs,-
the horseback rider- black legs, gloves, a yellow pirate shoulder pauldron,
and the brown johnny thunder cap.  A couple of these guys on horseback look
really cool.
Thinking ahead even further, you could set the time for the 1920's, even 30's,
and do a Chicago gangster theme.  You could use the adventurer car parts and
make model t's. , even Trucks for shipping bootlegged whiskey into Canada
(more mounties!).  THe Bad adventurer's sidekick (with the corny glasses), his
Black suits and top hats would make great capone style outfits, as would the
tuxedo waiter for the town, along with policemen, there are some cool
opportunities here.  Oh well, we would need a Tommy gun for the minifigs.
This is almost an adventureres post ( Sorry)

In lugnet.western, Damien Nesbit writes:
    I just recieved an email from Jon Furman that included jpegs of his
homemade nubian minifigs.  They are really the motts and anyone who has
followed this conversation that has not requested to recieve them from him
really should get in touch.  Also, Jon brings up two good points within his
posting.  number one is that rebel soldiers can be created with the grey caps
that are included in rock raiders and adventurers amazon playsets, and number
two is that setting your display in a period after the civil war may help a
builder use their existing collection more efficiently.  In an earlier
correspondance that I sent to David Little a while back, I suggested that he
might combine his western and adventurers playsets into a single display that
would be set in a place where the architecture is circa the cicil war but
the "current" era is more modernized.  He seemed to recieve the idea well.  I
can't wait to see what he and Jon come up with next.