 Trains / 5393
Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 07:22:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Great Joke, ben. You should have put a "coming out middle of 2001" type of • thing on
it, it would have made the fact that the pictures are very early prototypes • seem
more believable. You were even able to fool people who see prototype pictures • all
the time. How did you do some of these parts, like the silver wheels?

Hi Jonathan,

the wheels with the silver rims of the 4460 electric engine are from a small
engine of LGB garden trains. They have been a little expensive (~ 50 $), but
they look great and you can put a technic pin with roundhead just between 2
spokes.

The smaller metal wheels are from LGB too (from a draisin or something like
that).

The black whhels are from Playmobil: you find a (updated) link from my page to
Playmobils service. I think they are produced by LGB also, since Playmobil used
LGB track in the past.

Regards,

Ben