 Trains / 5376
Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 23:08:42 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Can you PROVE it was a hoax? I mean, extraordinary claims require
extraordinary proof, and as we all know, Lego is busily working to produce
all this very good stuff.

I think you just claimed to fake it for the publicity.
++Lar

I may have read between the lines incorrectly, but I read the above as a
tongue-in-cheek comment.  I don't think Larry really doubts you -- he's just
giving you a hard time for the fun of it (IMHO!).

It would have been a hard work to do these better pictures as a fake on real
ones, which would have been made by a still unknown third party....

I would have had only 36 hours to do this fake of a fake. No, I think that
would have been impossible to me. (The real joke took me over approximated
150 hours in preparation...)

WOW!

What is in your opinion the best way to make it prove in yours and everyone
elses eyes?

IMHO, your work already speaks for itself...but you did want to prove it to
someone who actually doubts it, you might want to rally a few of the people
together who were "in" on your joke prior to it going live, and ask them to
post to that effect...

(And yes, I'm a little proud having fooled the big ++Lar for at least one
day.)

I would be too!  Larry is about as keen as they come.

--Todd