 Trains / 5372
Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 22:16:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I thought it was full-on well done!!!  Just realistic enough looking to give
someone an initial glancing doubt, but with plenty of clues, especially the
"© Logo" part at the bottom -- very nice!!!  LOL!!!

I can't wait to see what you come up with next year!!!!!

--Todd

I fear next years joke will not be mine: everybody would expect me to have done
it.

p.s.  One small request, I hope it's not too pedantic -- now that the cat's
out of the bag, would you consider adding some sort of disclaimer into the
image files, noting that they're not real?  I'd hate to see some prankster
putting copies of the photos up at eBay -- *that* would be cruel!  Or people
submitting them to the sets database as if they were real sets.  :-o

--Todd

Of course that's not pedantic: in three out of five published pictures there is
no Lego logo at all. I think they are quite ok, but I will add some comment
into the pics right now.

The two pics which had used the red Lego and "DB" logos, are already
published in changed version.

I will ask Egon Eiermann to remove his pictures and to give a link on my page
instead.

Just a few words to Egon Eiermann. He got the "scans" from a gmx mail in
Liechtenstein (near Switzerland). In the mail he was told that the sender was
working in a print shop in Switzerland and got the new catalogue there.

All other people, who knew about the hoax, have been quiet the whole weekend
long. I wanted to thank them all once again at this point!

Regards (going to change my pics now)

Ben