 Trains / 5366

Subject:
April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:16:08 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi Folks,

I was on a two days vacation and came back just an hour ago. I was
strongly surprised about the amount of posts concerning the April fools joke.

Now it has to be said: of course it was an April fools joke and I fear for my
life now, because I have to declare:

I was the mastermind of this hoax. And I feel a mix of exitement, fear and
proud now.

I hope nobody is really to angry against me: I started this thing to fool some
of my germans friends (and indeed I was in hope to fool some of the lugnet
readers too.)

But what happened here was succeeding all my imaginations by far. And I'm glad,
that enough people had their doubts about the faked catalogue: I would have
felt much worse if anybody had started to sell of his "old" stuff because of
the new sets, which will never come like this of course.....

One good thing I can see in all this is the following: TLC will surely
have been informed of the faked train program and they can see how much
exitement it caused under the train heads. And while reading all the posts of
the thread, they could filter a lot of information, wishes and requirements out
of them.

So this hoax might help us to get some better train stuff in future. That's at
least my hope.

I fear I will get a lot of response on this post now. I will try to answer all
questions, but I have a job and my english is not the best. So I beg your
pardon, if I'm not able to give satisfieing answers to all requests
immediately.

Ben

P.s.:
for some more information go here:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/misc/misc.html#fun

Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Hi Folks,

I was on a two days vacation and came back just an hour ago. I was
strongly surprised about the amount of posts concerning the April fools joke.

Now it has to be said: of course it was an April fools joke and I fear for my
life now, because I have to declare:

I was the mastermind of this hoax. And I feel a mix of exitement, fear and
proud now.

I just posted about this myself. Too bad it was a fake. I was considering
getting into trains because of the "new" stuff. Excellent job.

Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....
There are ha-ha jokes, and there are cruel jokes.

Yours, sir, was DEFINITELY the latter.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/

Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....
There are ha-ha jokes, and there are cruel jokes.

Yours, sir, was DEFINITELY the latter.

True, but isn't it the day to try to FOOL people and not make people laugh?

Well done, well thought out ... kind of a bummer;)

-- pn

Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....