 Trains / 26558
Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:35:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
Who makes people believe that old stuff is obsolete as soon as a successor
becomes available? To stay ontopic in this .trains area, I'm still using
blue tracks and motors and remote controled points (yes blue points!).
Still working beautifully.

A lot of people are still building their collection, and don't want supplies to
dwindle and the price of their hobby to go any higher than it already is.

That is to say, I don't want my mains trains to be obsolete, but you Mindstorms
lot can lump it, 'cos I like the look of the new ones! ;-)  It would be nice if
they'd made the three motor limit obsolete though...

Jason Railton