 Trains / 26556
Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:24:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
Ross Crawford wrote:
[...]

Except the RCX will be obsolete in 6 months, and the NXT doesn't have IR. Maybe
all the mindstorms fans can pay for their NXT by selling their RCXs to train
builders???? :)

ROSCO

RCX Obsolete in 6 months? I program my RCX 1.0 with a 7 year old Mac.
Write now I am typing on a 5 year old Mac. Obsolescence is just a point
of view :)*

Who makes people believe that old stuff is obsolete as soon as a successor
becomes available? To stay ontopic in this .trains area, I'm still using
blue tracks and motors and remote controled points (yes blue points!).
Still working beautifully.

The best change Lego ever made, making the old stuff obsolete is the change
from CA to ABS. Although I have built a house with CA bricks that doesn't
collapse when I breath or a fly lands on it :-)

Niels