 Trains / 26543
Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:16:55 GMT

Jonathan Reynolds wrote:
[...]

The scenes in the old catalogues really inspired me as a kid - you know the
ones, with non-set models sprawling as far as the eye could see, bridges,
smiling kids in amongst it all etc. There must be some experts out there who
have decided this is not worth it anymore!

Jon

Man, I loved those old catalogues. In my eyes they were made even more
exotic simply due to the fact that we couldn't get any of the 12v stuff
here :(

When I worked in the Enfield factory in 1986, I even ask the people in
the comapany store if they could get them so I could buy them, but the
couldn't :( In the end, I did manage to get one :) But the catalogue was
too cruel...

Chris
--
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/