 Trains / 26539
Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:32:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
To help us evangelize the LEGO trains, and the RP system specifically, I
would love to have a dedicated LEGO train brochure to distribute at the
train shows we do at least twice year. I suspect that a catalogue that
featured all of the trains that LEGO had for sale and showed how those
trains could be put together with the Town and City LEGO sets to make a
layout would get parents to buy LEGO trains for their kids.

We've been asked for info/catalogues on Lego trains at every train show. They
simply are not available in the usual retail outlets which explains why we get
the same comment at every train show; "I didn't know Lego made
trains".Unfortunately the Lego company does not have a mechanism to supply these
catalogues or even standard range catalogues for this purpose, despite our
requests..

The scenes in the old catalogues really inspired me as a kid - you know the
ones, with non-set models sprawling as far as the eye could see, bridges,
smiling kids in amongst it all etc. There must be some experts out there who
have decided this is not worth it anymore!

Jon