 Trains / 26578
Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:56:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
   My thoughts on the new battery-powered IR-controlled trains (BPIR trains)...

First a quick summary of the reports that I’ve read here on lugnet.trains. 1. IR controller has three different channels. a. IR controller can switch between channels or control all three at once b. It is unknown whether the IR frequency of the receiver is user controllable, I hope it is. 2. The remote is a horn. 3. The remote allows for speed control. 4. The motor uses plastic wheels. 5. The train is powered by 6 AA batteries; therefore, it’s a 9v system. 6. The IR unit is built into a 30-stud long base plate. • --SNIP-- Just my thoughts. Sincerely, Chris

Hi all,

I’m trying to keep track of informations as it comes on this BrickWiki page. Please edit it when new information comes to light. It includes information gleaned from here and from Brickish so there may be stuff there people haven’t heard about so please take a look.

Tim